Many Muslims and Christians believe God created all living things in a matter of days. Early scientists started off believing these creation stories as well, but then as they encountered the evidence, their views changed. Today almost all scientists who study livings things, say that life evolved over billions of years by a natural process.
Various polls and surveys of all kinds of scientists (including physicists, computers scientists, mathematicians, etc) shows about 95% to 97% of “all scientists” accept evolution. For who are in “earth and life” sciences, the number is even higher, estimated to be 99% to 99.9%. (http://bit.ly/evolsupport). At the same time, around a third of American scientists believe in God, and a significant number of these are Christians (http://bit.ly/godscientists).
If you reject evolution, you claim that almost all scientists are completely wrong and you are right. Why?
1. Scientists are less intelligent than you? That seems very arrogant.
2. Scientists know less about biology than you? That seems very ignorant.
3. Scientists are in a secret conspiracy to lie? That seems even more unbelievable than evolution.
4. Scientists are all brainwashed? So if scientists are taught something in school it’s brainwashing, but if children are taught the story of a magical garden from early childhood, it’s not brainwashing?
5. Scientists are all deceived by satan? So satan is able to convince all scientists of a lie, and even most Christian scientists?
6. Nature really does look like it evolved, and whether God initiated this or not, those who devote their lives to study nature have good reasons for thinking evolution is part of the answer.